To install SXA module, you must have Sitecore XP installed on your on-premise work station.
You also have to download the SXA installation package that corresponds to your version of the Sitecore XP from the SXA Downloads page.
Before installing SXA, ensure that you have the following installed:
- Sitecore Experience Platform 9.2 Initial Release or 9.1 update 1
- Sitecore PowerShell Extensions:
- Sitecore PowerShell Extensions full 5.0 version for Sitecore 9.1 update 1.
- Sitecore PowerShell Extensions 5.0 for 9.2 version for Sitecore 9.2 initial release.
- Download the SXA installation package from SXA Downloads page
- On the Sitecore Launchpad, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, in the Administration section, click Install a package to open the Installation Wizard.
- Click Upload package and follow the steps to upload the SXA package to Sitecore.
- Click Next and follow the steps to install the package.
- Before you close the wizard, select Restart the Sitecore Client and Restart the Sitecore Server.
Create Solr SXA cores
SXA needs to have its Solr cores, therefore for each SXA index you must create a core. To do so:
1. Create two core directories and name it like that:
2. In those two folders you should have a “conf” directory, you can take them from the sitecore_master_index.
3. On the Solr web interface, click Core Admin and click Add Core to add sitecore_sxa_master_index. Do the same for sitecore_sxa_web_index
Make sure that the names of the Solr cores you created match the settings for sitecore_sxa_master_index and sitecore_sxa_web_index in Sitecore.XA.Foundation.Search.Solr.config
If you have to rename the cores you have also to change the id’s in in Sitecore.XA.Foundation.Search.Solr.config
6. Populate the new sxa indexes
8. Rebuild the new sxa indexes via Indexing Manager
9. Enjoy! =)